The upcoming winter issue of HOA Advisors magazine features an article about how the virtual greeter service provided by Centralized Vision can provide as-good or better security than on-site security personnel at a fraction of the cost.
Technology to the Rescue: Virtual Greeter 75% Less Expensive than On-site Security Officers
Keeping one’s community safe is of primary importance to any HOA. But the cost of hiring on-site security officers can eat up a huge chunk of association resources. Thankfully, new advancements in security systems technology can reduce costs significantly, without sacrificing quality of security.
Here’s a look at what you expect from a good security solution, and the way they are handled by a virtual vs. on-site security service:
- Control access – Automated gates can be circumvented by people who tailgate residents as they enter. But if the security officer is sitting at the gate all the time then they can’t be roaming the community on alert for other issues. Centralized monitoring allows the virtual security officer to be everywhere at once – greeting residents vocally at the gate one moment and keeping an eye on a landscaper across the community in the next moment. License plate recording keeps track of who goes in and out.
- Recognize residents vs. strangers – A security officer may or may not get out of their car to meet and get to know residents. Facial recognition software and resident database management makes it possible for virtual security technicians to know who’s who and act accordingly.
- Monitor visitors such as vendors and landscapers – An on-site security officer can only be in one place at a time, whereas a virtual security technician has access to all community common areas at once.
- Detect suspicious activity and intervene – If the on-site officer happens by when suspicious or criminal activity occurs, he can intervene. With real-time remote camera monitoring, suspicious persons are easier to spot and law enforcement authorities can be notified immediately to intervene and pursue suspects.
- Keep an eye on your community at all times – Virtual safety-certified technicians are on-call 24/7/365, at one-quarter of the cost of the same availability by an on-site security officer.
With access to cameras, audio speakers, and the residential database live in real-time, virtual security technicians can be proactive, rather than reactive, and provide a level of service that would normally necessitate hiring a full-time on-site security officer.
If your association doesn’t have a budget to support an on-site security officer, or if you have one but would like to use a lot of that money for other projects, a real-time camera monitoring system may be the cost-effective solution you need.
By Tom Vigilante, Jr.
Centralized Vision is pleased to announce a new strategic partnership with Benson Systems to offer our Virtual Guard monitoring service for commercial property managers, management companies and other businesses.
Virtual Guard is a pro-active video managed service available through a building’s security camera system equipped with access control and a speaker and microphone system. The service allows Centralized Vision’s well-trained security technicians to monitor any company’s video camera, access control and audio speaker system remotely through a high-speed Internet connection at all hours of the day.
When an incident occurs on a site that is a participating in our Virtual Guard program, the Centralized Vision security techs are alerted. They quickly respond to the alert by using the security camera system equipped with a loud speaker to engage the suspect and move him off the property. The security techs can also contact local law enforcement authorities immediately if they deem the situation warrants attention.
Centralized Vision and Benson Systems are excited to offer this service to Class A building property managers and retail businesses because it greatly reduces ongoing security expenses while also providing a service that is more beneficial than an onsite guard or roving patrol service. Our combined services are already in place at the Stockyards Restaurant and surrounding office complexes in Phoenix and at the 60,000-square-foot Biltmore Circle office building in Central Phoenix.
Benson Systems, whose mission is to be a trusted single-source provider of vital facilities services, system integration and installation, does a great job in taking care of security system, security camera and card access needs for companies throughout Arizona. Now with Centralized Vision’s innovative security platform, both companies can provide pro-active protection of property and assets by using a remote-camera monitoring system with real-time response options.
By Tom Vigilante, Jr.
You may have heard the recent news coverage about the 2 million-square-foot Marina Heights office development just north of Sun Devil Stadium on the banks of Tempe Town Lake that will house State Farm’s regional headquarters.
Construction started this month on the Class A office space that will also include a minimum of 40,000 square feet of service retail and 8,500 parking stalls. Marina Heights’ first building is scheduled to be occupied by mid 2015, and the entire project is projected to be completed in 2017.
Just west of Marina Heights is Hayden Ferry Lakeside, a master-planned mixed-use project on 43 acres that created the blueprint for development along the south shore of Tempe Town Lake and downtown Tempe. Hayden Ferry Lakeside has been an iconic staple of economic development in Tempe for more than 10 years.
Centralized Vision has provided video managed services at Hayden Ferry Lakeside over the past two years through a contract with the property’s owner, Parkway Realty Services, to ensure safety throughout the development. We monitor a combination of 30 fixed and pan-tilt-zoom cameras throughout the property’s two office towers and eight-level parking garage, including elevators in the parking garage. Additionally, we also monitor the grounds surrounding Hayden Ferry Lakeside, including retail space and the newly-constructed fitness center, to help prevent trespassers, car theft, misuse of elevators and unauthorized after hours lobby access.
Centralized Vision offers Hayden Ferry Lakeside the ability to make their security cameras pro-active. By having our techs actively engaging their environments through their camera systems, we can fulfill any desire they may task us with at any time of the day. We also provide Hayden Ferry Lakeside the luxury of our Virtual Guard services, which are also used at other Class A properties we monitor. Our Virtual Guard services include one or two-way audio speaker communication, gate access control and greeter services conducted through two-way phone lines and call boxes. Virtual Guard also is used to visually escort employees from their offices to the parking garage safely in after hours situations.
As developments like Hayden Ferry Lakeside and Marina Heights consume more square footage and drive additional consumer traffic to their sites, it is important that they consider cost-effective solutions like Centralized Vision to ensure safe and secure business and retail environments.